Assalamualaikum w.b.t. and hello!
I’m Arifah, 20, a Muslim from Malaysia. I’ve been passionate about writing ever since I knew how to string sentences together from words. I wrote dozens poems and short stories as a kid, my Mum actually created a blog for me on Diaryland since I was five or six. So basically, I’ve been blogging for over a decade!
I’m currently pursuing my diploma in Mass Communication at UiTM Lendu, Melaka. My interests include Islam, all artsy things, books, Disney films, traveling, social media, photography, and learning new things every day. I am a nerd who loves scrolling through Quora, listening to TED talks and watching movies about magic and superheroes. I stay in Japan during semester breaks because my family is currently living there.
Random facts about me:
- I’m a chronic chocoholic. KitKats, Hershey’s, Cadbury, Mars, Ferrero Rocher, Toblerone… I love all of them! If I’m buying ice cream or cake or hipster drinks, I will always pick the chocolate flavour. Please get me a chocolate bouquet when I graduate, somebody!
- My favourite surah is Surah Ad-Dhuha, a very comforting surah for troubled times.
- I’m an INFP and while I may seem like a Ravenclaw on the outside, I’m actually a Hufflepuff on the inside.
- I haven’t done much volunteering in my life, but I really enjoy it and I hope for more volunteering opportunities in the future.
- My favourite place on the earth is a majlis ilmu. And usrahs are like soul therapy for me.
- I love the sakura emoji. It’s so cute.
- I have one brother and one sister whom I love to bug.
- My favourite Disney heroines are Mulan and Belle. I also have a small space in my heart for the Lion King. I’m also a HUGE Disney World enthusiast.
- The stationery section is my favourite in the department store. Art supplies are bae, and I have a penchant for notebooks. Also, furniture. I love furniture.
- I hope to pursue Advertising for my degree and become a creative director or something one day. InsyaAllah!
P.S. Reposting this as a blog entry because I want to get rid of WordPress menus.